PBT/PET/TPEE Series – Polyester
● Polyester is a large family, as long as the structural unit of the polymer contains an ester group (-COOR), and can be called. Commonly used polyester engineering plastics include polyethene terephthalate (PET). Polybutylene terephthalate (PBT), and thermoplastic elastomer (TPEE).
● Polyester generally has good impact strength and folding resistance, and is resistant to oil, weak acids and alkalis. The use temperature is -30 ~ 120 ℃, so it is particularly suitable for use in packaging materials and tableware.
● The heat resistance of pure PET / PBT / TPEE is not high, and the heat deformation temperature of pure PET is only about 70 ~ 80 ℃, but it is greatly improved after enhanced treatment. The mechanical properties of PET reinforced with glass fibre are similar to engineering plastics such as PC and PA, and the heat deformation temperature can reach 225 ℃
- High rigidity and extremely high dimensional stability
- The gas and water vapour permeability is low, and it has an excellent gas barrier, water, oil and odour properties.
- High transparency and block ultraviolet rays.
It is not resistant to organic solvents (alcohol, acetone), strong acids and bases. It is easy to hydrolyze under acidity and heavy moisture.
After hydrolysis, acidic substances are formed, which further act as a catalyst to accelerate the occurrence of the hydrolysis reaction, causing cracking or dusting of the product.
|Mechanical Engineering：||Gears and sliding components|
|Parts for drug measurement system|
|Food Industry:||Film, gasket, sealing ring|
|Electronics Industry:||Connector, fan blade and casing, electrical and electronic casing, protective cover, switch, insulation sheet and coil body|
|Automobile Industry:||Lamp secondary reflector, rear-view mirror accessories, box, wiper lever, door handle, high-pressure seal, shockproof parts, seat cushion, steering wheel, safety|
|Airbag, brake hose, bumper cover, fender parts|