PC Series – Polycarbonate
● PC material, the scientific name is “polycarbonate”, alias “ballistic rubber”. It can be known from the alias that the impact resistance of PC is very excellent. ●
● PC raw material is colourless and transparent, easy to dye, good gloss, good electrical insulation, and does not require any additives, it has a flame retardant effect of UL94 + V2 fire rating. It can be used at -60 ~ 120 ℃ without embrittlement or softening; without an obvious melting point, it is in a molten state at 220-230 ℃.
● Hygroscopicity and shrinkage rate are lower than nylon, so the size stability is good, but in case moisture accumulates to a certain degree, it is easy to cause hydrolysis and silver streaks, usually requires longer drying time before production, or use better Baking equipment, such as dehumidification dryer.
● For non-crystalline plastics, “solvent resistance”, “chemical resistance”, “stress crack resistance” is acceptable, but the performance is not as good as “crystalline plastics”.
● Good weather resistance, oil resistance, acid resistance, strong alkali resistance, oxidizing acid and amines, ketones, soluble in chlorinated hydrocarbons and aromatic solvents.
● Advantages: weather resistance, oil resistance, acid resistance, impact resistance, good gloss, good electrical insulation, and inherently flame retardant (V2)
Lenses, masks, lights, luggage or electronic products